Going with my instincts - McDermott

leedsunited.com 21/11/13
Trio return as boss talks selection...
United boss Brian McDerott welcomes Sam Byram, Stephen Warnock, and Alex Mowatt back into the equation for Saturday’s Elland Road clash with Middlesbrough.
The trio have recovered from their respective knocks, and are all available for selection for the game against the Teesside outfit.
With Danny Pugh and Michael Brown both stepping up turning in the 4-2 win at Charlton - and turning in excellent performances - the boss, who says he has already picked his team , has had plenty to consider.
“They both did great,” he said. “I spoke to them afterwards in front of the group and they did really well.
“I know what team I will pick on Saturday, and the players know. I try to pick a team that I think will be right for the occasion. I try to do it honestly, go with my gut feeling all the time, and I never go with soft decisions. Soft decisions are easy.
“Supporters will ask sometimes ‘why isn’t he playing?’ but I see training every day and I try and pick a team as honestly I can. I have the respect of the players.
“I’d been talking to Danny Pugh and saying ‘you’ll get your chance.’ It was the same with Browny. I’m a big believer that we’re all in this together.
“I’d never write anyone off. A player who hasn’t played for a long time can come in and be a part of things, and for me if any one player puts a Leeds United shirt on they will be backed by our supporters.”
The boss will be without Scott Wootton (ankle) and El-Hadji Diouf (illness) while Noel Hunt, Adam Drury, and Jamie Ashdown continue to be sidelined.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23