7 November 1973 - Hibernian 0 Leeds United 0

United had little appetite for the UEFA Cup in 1973/74, but Billy Bremner's masterly display at sweeper and two rookie keepers saw to it that United earned a famous win by virtue of a penalty shoot out.
"I have been proud of my players many times in the previous 76 matches we have played in Europe, but I don't think I have ever been more proud of them than I was last night," Don Revie told the Evening Post's Don Warters after the game. "I don't think I have seen a better exhibition from 12 players over a two-hour period than I saw from my side. They were magnificent, and showed themselves willing to run until they dropped for Leeds United. I cannot ask for more than that. We were without so many good players, but we still managed to show them a thing or two. We made it clear that we were not quitting - that is simply not our style."

Read the full story by clicking here

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23