Boss completes winger swoop

Leedsunited.com 18/10/12
Leeds United have signed Southend United winger Ryan Hall on loan until January with a view to a permanent move.
The 24-year-old scored 14 goals and claimed 25 assists, the highest in the league, for the Shrimpers last season and has attracted interest from both Peterborough United and Blackpool.
Hall, who made over 100 appearances for Southend, scoring 23 goals, is known to United manager Neil Warnock after starting his career at Crystal Palace.
"I've known Ryan for many years and was a big fan of his at Crystal Palace," said the boss.
"All credit to him to come back into my thoughts. I'm looking for a player of his quality. I don't know if he can do it at this level yet, but he offers something different in the squad. He can give us an option where we could change a game."
Hall also endured a torrid time off the field at Southend. In March 2011 he was sentenced to 20 weeks imprisonment after pleading guilty to affray after an incident outside a Southend nightclub at the club's Christmas party.
He was granted bail pending an appeal against the severity of the sentence, and his sentence was reduced to 12 weeks, with the sentence suspended for a year, and 150 hours of community service.
"I'm not right every time, but I do forgive and forget," said the boss. "I always remember one player who had everything but had a few off the field problems. I told him he could go either way. To the top or otherwise. Unfortunately it was the latter.
"Ryan has to put his own house in order, but this is a great opportunity for him. He needs to get away from the South and grasp the opportunity we've given him.
"He can take people on for fun. I love people who can do that. It's nice to see. We have a wide pitch and we need people like that who can open defences up."
Hall will go straight into the squad for Friday's trip to Sheffield Wednesday.

RYAN DETERMINED TO TAKE SECOND CHANCE
New United signing Ryan Hall says he is determined to take the second chance offered by manager Neil Warnock.
The pairing previously worked together at Crystal Palace, but by the winger's own admission, Warnock had to let him go from Selhurst Park. He has since re-emerged as a force at Southend United and the United boss has snapped him up on loan until January with a view to a permanent move.
"I've been given a second opportunity by the gaffer and I want to grab it with both hands," said Ryan.
"I had him at Crystal Palace and he was a great manager, but I got into a bit of trouble in the wrong place and he had to let go of me.
"He said to me then 'go get your head down and do what you do best' and he's come back for me."
Ryan steps up on the back of an impressive 2011/12 season that saw him score 14 goals and claim 25 assists, the highest in the four divisions.
"It's a great step and hopefully I can show people what I can do," said Ryan. "It's a massive chance for me.
"Once I heard there was an opportunity to come here I felt things would go well and I want to take the opportunity to try and play.
"The gaffer has told me to keep my head down. It's time I settled down and played. I would say that I've changed. I just want that chance to push on now and say 'this is me.' My family are over the moon I'm here and I want to make them proud."
Ryan arrives with a reputation as one of the brightest young talents in the Football League and the boss has said he believes he will add another dimension to his squad.
"Hopefully I can get balls in the box, gets shots off, and score as many as I can," added the winger.
"Neil Warnock played me in the Championship before so I know I can play there. I'll be patient and wait for my chance. I'll keep doing extras in terms of topping up my fitness"

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23