EIGHT YEARS AGO TODAY...

leedsunited.com THURSDAY April 10 1997

Graham Off On His Travels Again
George Graham is again packing his suitcases and preparing to tour in search of potential new players to add to his ever-increasing squad. The United Manager said;
"My objective over the next two years is to turn Leeds United into one of the top five or six clubs in the country and I need to sign some quality players if that goal is to be achieved. I am stil after quite a few players because the squad I have at Leeds at the moment is weak in numbers."
"We have maybe five or six clubs in this country who you could say were big clubs and then there are the rest - and at present we are among the rest. My job is to change all that. Only when people think you have a realistic chance of winning the Championship can you regard yourself as being in the top half dozen clubs in the country."
"I only want top quality players, but in addition to ability they must have the desire to play for the club and to succeed. It's a combination, I have to admit, that is difficult to achieve. You can judge skill but you can only figure out desire when you see someone play." "I have never done as much travelling in my life as I have done over the past six months. I have seen a lot of games and I have watched numerous videos of players, trying to decide if it was all worthwhile going abroad to see them. Now, I am off on my travels again and I have plans to watch a couple of games this weekend."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23