Leeds United Football Club - Rob Raring To Go

Rob Hulse's three-month loan move to Elland Road has finally been sealed, and the big striker cannot wait to regain the kind of form that brought him 13 goals for West Brom last season.
The forward has signed on loan until the end of the season and is set to make his debut on Saturday against Reading at Elland Road.
The deal was first mooted in the middle of last week, and at one point it looked like he might have gone straight into the squad for last Saturday's match against Burnley. However complications in the paper-work have delayed the arrival of the Crewe-born 25-year-old until now, but he first knew of Kevin Blackwell's interest in him last week
"I was off to a reserve game on Wednesday night," Hulse told Leedsunited.com, "When I got a call from my agent, saying to come up to Leeds and have a look round.
"I'd been told that quite a few clubs had come in for me and wanted to take me out on loan, but as soon as I knew that Leeds were interested - well, it's a massive club!"
Hulse played through a injury towards the end of last season, but his full recovery from that ran through into this campaign. Hulse admits that he has fallen down the pecking order at the Hawthorns but is determined to pick up the pieces and get back to the form that saw him bag a goal every other game when under Dario Gradi at Crewe.
"I see this as the ideal opportunity to get me playing football again. I'm under no illusions, I need to be playing football and I see Leeds United as the best place to be.
"I know that my match fitness is down, but I've looked after myself and I've worked extremely hard in the gym and after training. I know I'm fit, it's just a case now of getting match fitness under my belt and hopefully that won't take too long."
Rob will find a few familiar faces in the dressing room when he begins training with the squad. Seth Johnson and Jermaine Wright were at Gresty Road when he was in the Crewe youth team, and Sean Gregan was, like Hulse, an integral part of West Brom's promotion push last year.
And did Leeds' facilities at Thorp Arch, widely regarded as among the best in the country, sell the club to Rob?
"It didn't take much selling, it's Leeds United! You come to the training ground and there's everything here to make a footballer get better, get stronger, get fitter, so this should be ideal for me."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23