Leeds United Football Club - Kevin's Hungry For Success

United new signing Kevin Pressman says he intends to make sure current No.1 Neil Sullivan doesn't have too comfortable a job hanging onto his position.
The former Sheffield Wednesday keeper, who played 15 games for Leicester City earlier this season, has signed on a non-contact basis and will use the rest of the season to try and earn a permanent deal at Elland Road.
Pressman becomes Kevin Blackwell's third signing in as many weeks, following the arrival of Rob Hulse and Shaun Derry, all of them signed on the Friday before a game. Blackwell also had former Charlton keeper Sasa Ilic on trial.
At 37 years of age he might be reaching the "twilight" of his career as some commentators have put it, but Pressman insists he's got not intentions of giving up the game just yet and still has an appetite for success.
"I was ready to jack in the game after Wednesday but Leicester helped whet my appetite again and I would like to keep going as long as I can," said Pressman.
"Everybody has told me to keep going and not pack it in; football packs you in, you don't pack football in.
"I still enjoy what I am doing and that's the main thing.
"I enjoy training everyday and the playing side of things whatever level it's at, whether that's at reserve team or first team level. I still get a buzz out of it and that's what keeps me going.
"I am still as hungry as ever and I probably enjoy and appreciate what I have got now more than any time in my career."
Pressman has an inform Neil Sullivan blocking his way to the first team at the moment, but as long as he makes life uncomfortable for the Scottish international, he'll know he's doing his job right.
"I will push Sully because there are no guarantees in football. I have had times, even at Sheffield Wednesday, when I wasn't involved and there's no guarantees. Your performances dictate where you end up.
"I want to come here, work hard, set a standard and see where it takes me. Hopefully it will give the manager a selection problem.
"I want to push Neil all I can because it will get the best out of him and the best out of me, a bit of competition. At the end of the day the manager picks the team and whoever he picks is his choice and the best person for the job.
"I have been training hard inbetween leaving Leicester and coming here and it's kept me fit. I get as much enjoyment out of training as I do playing, the playing is the icing on the cake.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23