GEORGINIO RUTTER: I’VE HAD A GREAT WELCOME - Leedsunited.com 21/1/23


After arriving at Leeds United last weekend, Georginio Rutter has been sharing his early thoughts on joining the club and his reason as to why he feels Leeds United was the right place to come.

The forward stated that he’s settled in well and could make his debut against Brentford at Elland Road on Sunday, if he is selected.

“Everyone is treating me fantastically well, I’ve had a great welcome and I am enjoying my time here so far,” Rutter began.

“I am lucky that my teammates have been superb up to now. I have a close relationship with Illan [Meslier], it’s great I know him from playing in the French squad together.

“It’s been a dream of mine to play at a big club in the English Premier League.

“It’s a great league and chatting with Illan, he told me what a great club it is on inside as well. So that was convincing me as well, I know Leeds is a massive club with a lot of history behind it.

“The quality of players here, from what I have seen so far and up close, we’re a team who deserves to be higher in the league and hopefully we’ll climb that table in the next few months."

Rutter was then asked about other reasons behind him joining the club, and what part Jesse Marsch played in him coming to Elland Road.

“He influenced quite a large amount,” the forward explained. 

“Obviously I’ve spoken to him since coming here, but we had a phone conversation before and he was very convincing.

“He said he had a lot of confidence in me and he said I could bring a lot to the club. It’s clear he has a lot of confidence in youth and bringing through young players.

“It was a very warm conversation.”

After being presented to the fans during half-time of the Emirates FA Cup tie with Cardiff City on Wednesday, the 20-year-old was left speechless at the atmosphere in the ground and the welcome he received.

He said: “I already have my song in the stadium!

“It’s almost like I don’t have words to describe.

“It’s the first time I’ve been in a stadium in England for an FA Cup game vs a Championship side.

“I haven’t got the words to describe that atmosphere, it was just great."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23