CHARLIE CRESSWELL: WE ARE GUTTED TO HAVE LOST - Leedsunited.com 25/9/21


Defender speaks to the media.

Charlie Cresswell spoke to the media after making his Premier League debut for Leeds United, at home to West Ham United.

Leeds went into a first half lead through Raphinha's strike, but a second half own-goal and Michal Antonio's winner gave the visitors all three points.

The defender impressed throughout the 90 minutes despite the late defeat and he shared his thoughts following the conclusion of the match at Elland Road.

“Both teams battled hard today, so it was tough to call,” Cresswell explained.

“We have just got to keep working hard every day. Sometimes results happen that shouldn’t happen.

“That’s football, you never know what can happen. We just have to stick together and work as hard as we can.

“Hopefully that win will come soon, very soon.

“I am gutted to have lost, I will have to watch it back to see how I did individually,

“I was told about five minutes before the warm up that I was starting. I went into the dressing room and had to switch my game head on, I felt I adapted quite well.

“He [Marcelo Bielsa] just wanted me to go out there and do my thing, that’s what got me to this position so just to carry on doing that.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23