Leeds Live 8/7/21 Marcelo Bielsa's first Junior Firpo instructions and his Leeds United dressing room induction

Junior Firpo completed his transfer from Barcelona to Leeds United earlier this week and he has lifted the lid on his first few days at Thorp Arch including Marcelo Bielsa's first sessions

Murderball has not been on the immediate menu for Junor Firpo at Leeds United as Marcelo Bielsa keeps the former Barcelona man on his own.

The 24-year-old completed his transfer from the Nou Camp to Elland Road earlier this week in a switch understood to be worth around £13.2m.

Firpo was straight up to Thorp Arch to begin his training on Tuesday, but has, for the first few days at least, been training alone under Bielsa’s instructions.

Murderball, the famous training drill involving two full line-ups going toe-to-toe with no breaks, no offsides and the like, has not yet been introduced to the new number three.

HOW GOOD COULD FIRPO BE FOR LEEDS UNITED?

Firpo’s team-mates have at least filled him in on what it’s all about.

“They told me, they told me, but now I can’t do it because the first days, Marcelo wants me to train alone to introduce the work because the style of training here is really different from Barcelona and from other teams,” he told LiveNow.

“Maybe next week, I’m sure I will do it and I will show.”

Firpo has already lifted the lid on the way Rodrigo sold Leeds to him after Victor Orta’s initial sales pitch in Spain.

The Spain international has again been pivotal for Firpo in his few days in West Yorkshire.

“I talked with all the players, especially with Rodrigo because he is Spanish, like me, and he told me a lot of good things,” he said.

“He’s helped me with all the people who work in the club, but all the players are really nice people.

“All the players have asked after me, all the players are trying to help me. It’s great.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23