Cellino: 'What I told McDermott'

Football Italia 15/4/14
Massimo Cellino told Italian media about his Leeds spy story and his tactical advice to manager Brian McDermott.
The Cagliari and Leeds United owner spoke to the Corriere della Sera newspaper about his new experience in England.
“At the age of 57, Leeds is a challenge for me too,” said Cellino. “I want to bring the club back into the Premier League, but first we have to get the accounts back in shape.”
There was controversy after the businessman discovered spy cameras and microphones in his Leeds United offices.
“That just confirmed the idea someone here doesn’t want me, but I have handed everything over to the police. They will deal with it.”
Cellino has never been shy about making his voice heard and revealed he has been giving manager McDermott tactical advice.
“Ross McCormack is a real striker and I’d love to see him in Italy. Luke Murphy is also talented, he scored a brace against Blackpool. I had advised McDermott to play in him in that role and at the end the manager thanked me.
“I am enthusiastic about this new project, as the stadium is worthy of the Premier League and the fans are passionate.
“Italian Coaches are the best in the world, but I don’t want to immediately introduce an Italian structure to the club. I could focus on Matteoli, but only for a period.”
Gianfranco Matteoli is a director in charge of the Cagliari youth academy.
“I’d love to bring Leeds to Assemini for pre-season training. We’ll see what happens, but it is not easy to control two clubs and install a synergy between them.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23