QUOTE (boozie @ Aug 27 2012, 10:26 AM)

WACCOE
I've said before the buyers currently at the table are in it for the long haul. They have invested too much £ into this takeover just to let it collapse. They want Leeds Uniteds and are in no rush to push it through. The longer this goes on the bigger the pressure on Bates to sell, the money is running out and he knows the buyers are ready to step in. They are in a great negotiation position.
I estimated that their legal fees are already between 1 and 2 million (probably nearer two) and they have already paid 4million to the club. They are not going to walk away from that kind of money because Bates wants to play games. These are big boys who have played with bigger boys(I was going to say fish but that just leads to more puns) than Ken Bates.
I don't see this happening before Friday (just my opinion) but I do still see this happening.*
* I base all this on the last update I had on Saturday, who knows what has gone on since then. LUST statement should hopefully rattle Bates some more.

Re: the money put into the club.
I don't know the exact terms on which this was given. However, I understand there has been much negotiation about this. The buyers believed this was for the club for transfers/wages/general cash-flow. Bates believes this was for him because he allowed them exclusivity! There was a huge disagreement about this money but I understand this has been resolved. I dont know how it has been resolved.
The only remaining issue is Bates taking his legal advice from the lawyers he hired and signing the thing.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23