leedsunited.com 9/7/10
LLOYD THE YORKSHIREMAN COMES HOME!
New signing Lloyd Sam is well and truly coming home after signing for Leeds United.
The 25-year-old, who put pen to paper on a two-year contract, with a further year's option, may have spent his career in the south east London with Charlton, but he is a born and bred Loiner.
Lloyd spent the first few weeks of his life in Leeds and admits he is looking forward to becoming an "accepted" Yorkshireman.
"It's interesting," said Lloyd. "I always had a soft spot for Leeds because when my dad was at Leeds University he supported Leeds.
"At Charlton they always used to tell me I wasn't a Londoner, despite my accent, so it'll be nice to be accepted here, coming from Leeds!"
Lloyd made 134 appearances for the London side and was a virtual ever present last season, but with his contract up, he was keen to secure a new challenge in the Championship.
Media speculation had seen him linked with a number of Championship clubs, including United, and a soon as that interest was firmed up, he was keen to head north.
"My contract had ended and I wanted to get back to playing in the Championship," he explained.
"I was looking at a few Championship options, and started talking with Leeds.
"I've worked with Snods (Glynn Snodin) before when he was at Charlton, and we won the reserve league, so I know all about him.
"I spoke to Frazer (Richardson) as well and he said that he never wanted to leave Leeds, and said a lot of good things about the club.
"I saw the facilities as well and they are amazing."
Lloyd completed the formalities of his move on Friday morning before joining up with his new team-mates for the first time.
He will be one of six new signings on the pre-season trip to Slovakia, and he says he is keen to get started and make progress at Leeds.
"I'm hoping to get in the team and I hope we can be in and around the Play-Offs," he said.
"I'm buzzing and I'm looking forward to getting started and getting to know the lads.
"I know a couple - I was in the England under-20s with Neil Kilkenny - and I just can't wait to get going now."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23