Yorkshire Evening Post 29/1/09
Naylor: I'm open to offers
By Phil Hay
Richard Naylor today admitted he is open to the idea of a long-term deal with Leeds United – but insisted his family would be a major consideration in any negotiations with the League One club.
Naylor is three games into a month-long loan at Elland Road, and the Ipswich Town defender's impressive impact during his short time with Leeds has provoked a clamour among supporters for United to secure him on a permanent basis.
Leeds manager Simon Grayson hopes to increase Naylor's deal beyond the initial month agreed with Ipswich, and Naylor has already established himself in the centre of United's defence, carrying the captain's armband for their last two matches.
The 31-year-old is out of favour at Portman Road, where he has been a professional player for almost 15 years, but his family are based in Suffolk and the defender has hinted that a secure and lengthy agreement with Leeds would be needed to persuade him to uproot and return to his home county of Yorkshire.
Naylor said: "I'm still an Ipswich player at the moment and although the gaffer at Ipswich (Jim Magilton) said I could come here for a month, he didn't say I could leave permanently. It's up to the two managers to sort it out, and it's out of my hands until that happens. But I want to play football and I'm really enjoying myself here.
"(A longer deal) is something I'd be interested in but it is a bit difficult because I've got three young children down in Ipswich. I don't want to live away from them but if there was a situation where I was moving the family up here with me then that would be different. That's definitely something I'd look at."

Leedsunited.com 29/1/09
CHRISTIE DEPARTS
Striker Malcolm Christie has parted company with Leeds United.
The former Middlesbrough and Derby marksman has been registered with the club since October and had featured in the first team on a non-contract basis.
The 29-year-old made his United debut at Northampton in the FA Cup and went on to make five appearances for the club.
He scored his first senior goal for 18 months during our 3-1 win at Stockport County on December 28.

Leedsunited.com 29/1/09
CHRISTIE THANKS UNITED
Following his departure from Leeds United, striker Malcolm Christie has moved to thank the club for its support over the past 18 months.
The 29-year-old striker made five appearances on a non-contract basis - scoring an emotional goal at Stockport on December 28 - and has now parted company with the club.
Malcolm said: "After speaking to my wife and family over the last few weeks, I made the decision on Thursday January 22 to leave Leeds United with immediate effect.
"This was a decision solely made by myself, contrary to reports that I had been released. I felt my circumstances had changed following the arrival of the new manager.
"I would like to thank all the medical team and especially Harvey Sharman who has helped me massively over the past 18 months in order to get me fit.
"My best wishes go to the squad of Leeds United for the remainder of the season."

Leedsunited.com 29/1/09
BOSS ON FAB
United manager Simon Grayson has been quick to praise the attitude of young midfielder Fabian Delph.
The England under-21 international has been the subject of intense media speculation during the January transfer window, and the boss says he has dealt with the increased focused with real maturity.
"You can't stop speculation", conceded the boss.
"You only have to look at the papers on a daily basis - and this isn't just our players, it's a lot of players and a lot of clubs - there's always some link and half of the time it's a load of rubbish because they don't have anything better to write about.
"What Fabian's done is not let it affect him. Since I've been here, he's had speculation about possibly leaving or people wanting to buy him, but nothing has affected him.
"He needs to concentrate, and I'm chuffed to bits he's been able to do that. It shows great maturity from him."
Fab, who is in contention for the PFA League One Player of the Month award, will be looking to maintain his form when United head for Walsall on Saturday.
The boss has reported no new injury worries ahead of the game, although Frazer Richardson is still sidelined with a thigh problem.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23