Gylfi's Over The Moon
leedsunited.com

United midfielder Gylfi Einarsson is delighted after agreeing a new deal that keeps him at the club until the summer of 2008.
The Icelandic international would have been out of contract in the summer and had no hesitation in re-signing once a new one was offered.
He arrived on a free transfer last January after four years with Norwegian side Lillestrom and quickly began to impress with his aerial ability, scoring with a cracking header in the win over Burnley at Turf Moor on his third appearance.
Gylfi has made 13 appearances this season - the last of which did prove to be unlucky as he received a red card for a foul on Robbie Savage in the Carling Cup defeat at Blackburn Rovers.
He then went on to suffer a dislocated shoulder playing for the reserves against Birmingham City from which he has only just recovered from, and he's understandably relieved to have some good news to talk about now.
"I am very happy to have signed a new contract," said Gylfi.
"I've not had the best of times recently after dislocating my shoulder, but I am happy that people believe in me and think I am a good player.
"Leeds have not seen the best of me yet but I am getting better and I think the time is right for me to show what I can do, especially with the team playing 4-3-3 which suits me the best.
"But at the moment the team is doing well so I have to wait for my chance and of course I have not played a game in a long while. It's up to me to train extra-hard and get extra-fit."
The 27-year-old will step up his comeback from that shoulder injury in tomorrow's reserve game against Manchester United away, his first competitive action since early November, and has already set himself a target.
"I am looking forward to getting through the game without any problems and then hopefully get a place on the bench against Brighton.
"I have to just take it one step at a time, make sure I am 100 per cent fit because I am ahead of schedule with my recovery and I have to thank our good team of physios for that.
"They work really hard to get everyone fit and I don't think you could get a better team of physios at any club."
Einarsson, who now plans to buy a house in Leeds, recently had "the privilege" of watching the win at Plymouth with United's now renowned away following, and he argues they are another reason Leeds United is a first class club.
"Simon Walton and I have been travelling with team, even though we haven't been playing, and at Plymouth we sat with the Leeds fans and I must say it was a good experience.
"I enjoyed it because the supporters are tremendous and did not stop singing once, even when the team were not doing too well in the first half. I talked to a lot of them and they were all nice people.
"I was just getting into the mood of it all with them and thought about taking my shirt off and waving it over my head like they do, but then I thought it would be best not to with my shoulder!
"The point is it's easy to be a supporter when things are going well for your club, but Leeds supporters have shown they are true supporters, even in hard times and they will support you as long as they see you giving everything you have got.
"Players do appreciate the support, we just have to look at how many travel to see us every week and we know this is a special club."He added finally: "Our ambition this season is to reach the Premiership, that's what we agreed before the season and with this squad of players we know we can do it."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23