Boss Faces Healy Decision
leedsunited.com

David Healy is back down to earth with Leeds after his heroics for Northern Ireland On Wednesday, but the question on the lips of supporters is will he start against Brighton?
The United striker may have propelled himself into the spotlight with his goal against England but that does not guarantee him a place in Kevin Blackwell's starting XI on Saturday.
In fact the Northern Ireland ace was left out of the first XI after the previous round of international games, with Blackwell wary that the games may have taken too much out of him to be at his best for Leeds.
Blackwell hinted the 26-year-old would keep his place in the team and says it is great to have Healy 'buzzing' after his history making moment.
"David has gone into that game (against England) on the back of decent performances for us, and I would have thought that if he doesn't come back from this full of confidence then he never will," said Blackwell.
"He started the last game for us against Norwich, he earned his way back into the team after I had said I wanted to see more from him in certain aspects of his game.
"At the end of the day I have to make a decision for Leeds based on what I see of the players in training, games and everything else. He responded very well and he got his place back.
"He has been away and now he's back he has to make sure he maintains that level."
Blackwell has plenty of options upfront with former Preston striker Richard Cresswell still looking for his full debut and a fit again Ian Moore competing for a place again - with Robbie Blake and Rob Hulse extending his forward options even more.
Healy says he will respect the managers decision if he is left out again, and fully understands the level of competition at the club.
He said:"I know the gaffer doesn't have to pick me, there's three or four other strikers in there who have been working hard since I've been away. "The gaffer has got lots of options now and at the end of the day if I do not play then I have to get my head down and keep working hard for the opportunity.
"He will look at the games I have played in the last week and make a decision from there.
"I know I have no divine right to play in the first team and I am sure the rest of the squad have the same attitude. If he doesn't choose to select me then I have to get on with it."
Blackwell may choose to make his decision after training on Friday morning when he's had a chance to see if the last two international games have left Healy suffering from fatigue or not. He knows Healy will not want to miss out though.
"We will assess him and see how he is. We need him at his best because we have two or three games coming up just about every week now.
"I have players capable of coming in and doing the business for us, and that can be a problem for some of them because they know if they miss a game it's going to be very hard for them to get their place back. "That's the great thing about having competition for places."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23