Leeds United Football Club - Marques Set To Be No.7

United are closing in on their seventh signing of the summer after agreeing personal terms with Portuguese defender Rui Marques.

The former Stuttgart man is set to undergo a medical and will become a United player upon successful completion.

He had initially arrived at Thorp Arch on trial a few weeks ago and has been on a short trial with Ipswich, but has made his mind up to join the Whites.

An Angolan international, Marques, 27, began his career with Benfica, then had spells in Germany with Hertha Berlin and Stuttgart, before returning to the Portuguese SuperLiga with Maritimo last season.

Marques is keen to complete the deal and get his United career off the ground.

He said: "Leeds is a big club, it's really a Premier League club and I beleive that Leeds will be in the Premiership again.

"I had some difficult times after Germany, but I think England will be a new start for me. I think it will be very interesting for me to play in England and I believe I have a lot to offer."

He could now play some part for United in Sunday's friendly against Celtic in Glasgow.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23