Leeds Today: News, Sport, Jobs, Property, Cars, Entertainments & More

Gylfi's United Career On Ice
By PAUL DEWS
NEW Icelandic star Gylfi Einarsson will learn his Leeds United fate next week.
The Elland Road club have appealed to FIFA in the hope of securing his availability sooner rather than later and football's governing body are poised to deliver their decision.
The English FA are refusing to let the former Lillestrom midfielder play until the international transfer window re-opens in January – but they have said they will comply with any ruling from FIFA.
Einarsson, pictured, was technically unemployed on Tuesday when his playing contract in Norway expired and, under EU law, should be free to gain employment elsewhere.
He has agreed a short-term contract with Leeds and is now playing a frustrating waiting game.
Einarsson said: "It's very frustrating not being able to play, but I know people are working on it and we will see what happens.
"It is a strange rule because I was unemployed on December 1 when my contract in Norway expired and now they are not
allowing me to work.
"The FA have said that if FIFA say it is okay, then they will give me the green light.
"A player went from Norway to Holland and was allowed to play so why shouldn't I? It does seem strange.
"I think there is a chance and I'm hoping for the best.
"My contract finished last week and I am a Leeds player now. If I have to wait until January I have to wait, but I'm hopeful."
Einarsson admits he cannot wait to get started at Elland Road.
"It's a huge club," he enthused. "Leeds have many fans in Iceland and Norway.
"I've seen a few games and the level is good.
"The pace is higher than in Norway, where I've played for the last four years, and I'll have to adapt to that.
"I'm looking forward to the challenge and England should suit my playing style.
"I'm an attacking midfielder.
"I'm not a playmaker but I like to get forward and score goals and I was happy that I scored a few last
season."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23