Sky Sports - The Best Sport Coverage From Around The World

O'LEARY CALLS FOR LEEDS ENQUIRY

David O'Leary has supported calls for an enquiry in to what happened to the money at Leeds United, following his rousing reception from the Elland Road crowd on his return.
O'Leary was delighted to be welcomed back by the fans, admitting he felt the support of the club was the thing that would always make Leeds a big club.
The Irishman was sacked by the club after one if its most promising periods, but cannot believe the financial collapse that took Leeds to the brink of bankruptcy.
"I would support an enquiry into what happened at this club," said O'Leary. "At that time we had the Champions League semi-final, a sell out of course and a big sponsorship deal with Nike and I was never aware of any financial problems. I let the financial people handle things because that was their strength I thought. I believed that a couple of people were overseeing things and that doesn't appear to have been the case. I have an inkling about what went on but I'm not prepared to say at this stage. I will say I would support an enquiry because I would love to know just were the money went."
O'Leary, now at Aston Villa was proud to be cheered by the home crowd, but not surprised by his welcome.
"The fans make this club,” said O'Leary. “I was never worried about coming back here because I liked being manager here and I think I did a good job. I want them to stay up and if they keep this form up there is no chance of them going down."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23